- Make your kids wear required safety gear like knee-pads & helmets when roller skating or riding a bicycle in the playground.
- Ensure your kids do not wear hoods, drawstrings and loose-fitting clothes to the playground as these would increase the risk of strangulation if they get stuck on any playground equipment.
- Make your kids play on only the equipment that is appropriate for them as per their age.
- Kids should wear tennis shoes with slip-proof bottoms to the playground. Do not let them wear shoes with sling-backs or open toes.
- Play set like public sandbox usually becomes a breeding ground for bacteria and hazards. Do not let your children to play in them.
- Playground structures can be infected with germs; therefore, it would be great if you make your kids wash their hands after playing on them.
- Playgrounds may have trash, broken glass and stray animals. Do not allow your children to play near these.
- Ensure that kids’ playground equipment adhere to the safety standards.
Avoid taking kids to a park that has asphalt, concrete, dirt or grass surface under the play set. Instead visit a playground which is covered with high quality mulch to minimize the risk of injury due to falls.